RECIPE OF THE WEEK
BY LORI SHEMEK PH.D.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 6 oz. tuna packed in water, drain well
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, and pepper to taste
- Slice the top off each tomato.
- Scoop out the inside of the tomato.
- Keep only the tomato flesh, and discard the seeds.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining tomato flesh with the tuna, onion, pistachio, capers, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the mixture, and stuff each tomato.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.