RECIPE OF THE WEEK
BY LORI SHEMEK PH.D.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 (15 oz) cans of Great Northern beans, drained
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, or sour cream
- Add chicken broth, shredded chicken, beans, salsa, and cumin to a medium saucepan.
- Stir to combine.
- Keep over medium high heat until boiling.
- Then cover, and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for at least five minutes.