RECIPE OF THE WEEK
BY LORI SHEMEK PH.D.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- 3 tbsp chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 c water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt, turmeric, and pepper to taste
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cooked ground turkey, onion, and garlic until meat is browned, And vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the undrained tomatoes, beans, green chile peppers, bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and water.
- Cover, and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes.