Low-Carb Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Mash
BY LORI SHEMEK PH.D.
- 1 large or two small heads of cauliflower, washed, and cut into large pieces
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- Salt, and pepper to taste
- Chicken Stock or Water to cook cauliflower
- Clean, and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Steam or gently boil the cauliflower pieces in chicken stock or water until very tender. Drain well; do not let cool.
- Puree cauliflower in a bowl with an immersion blender, in a food processor or potato masher.
- Add in butter, Parmesan, garlic, sea salt, and pepper until smooth. Serve hot.
Note: Make sure that the cauliflower is very tender – otherwise it will not blend as smoothly, and you won’t have a creamy consistency.