It’s Team Training Week At ERF!
By Siarra T. Mong
Everyone knows how working out with friends can enhance your routine. But, did you know that science has proven you are more likely to reach your goals in a group setting?Here are some more perks:
- It’s inspiring, and motivating to be surrounded by dedicated, like-minded individuals.
- It doesn’t get much more empowering than a class with an encouraging instructor, and supportive people all working hard together.
- Group fitness is a great way to help motivate yourself, and others to dig deeper, and push harder in workouts.
- Group fitness is a great way to get a workout in without having to think or plan.
- The warm-up is designed to help you properly raise your heart rate while loosening your joints, and muscles before jumping into strenuous activity.
- The instructor will coach you through each segment of the workout.
- The cool-down will help you safely lower your heart rate, and stretch all the major muscles worked during class.
- Each class is structured with a warm-up, a balanced workout, and a cool-down.
- Proper Form
- It’s the fitness instructor’s job to not only show proper form, but to make sure that everyone in the class is executing each exercise the right way.
- Not only is proper form important for your muscles to reap the most out of every exercise, but it helps eliminate potential injuries.
- Cardio kickboxing, bootcamp, spin, yoga, Bootoga–the list goes on.
- There are several types of group classes offered by Extreme Results Fitness.
- Having a variety of classes in your weekly workout regimen is a great way to create muscle confusion, which keeps your body guessing, and ramps up your metabolism.
- It helps prevent boredom.
- This is a great way to keep yourself accountable for your workouts.
- If you’re signed up, and it’s on your schedule, there’s a good chance you won’t skip it.
- Find a few classes that you want to take, and invite a friend or pencil it in on your calendar.
- Group fitness classes are fun!!
- Between the upbeat music, a great workout, and a group of people motivating each other along the way, it’s an enjoyable way to exercise.
- If you’re looking to add a little more pizzazz, and fun in your fitness life, group classes may be just what you need.