Today’s stretch: Pigeon Pose! Ahhhh…..!!!!
There are numerous advantages to practicing Pigeon Pose.
– Opens the hip joint
– Lengthens the hip flexor
– Stretches the thighs, glutes and piriformis muscles
– Extends the groin and psoas
– Helps with urinary disorder
– Stimulates the internal organs
– Increases hip flexibility
– Improves posture, alignment, and overall suppleness
– Lessens or alleviates sciatic pain
– Diminishes lower back pain and stiffness
It is a primal reaction to store stress, trauma, fear and anxiety in the hips.
These bottled up feelings create tight hips.
– Pigeon Pose opens the hips and releases negative feelings and undesirable energy stored in your system.Pigeon Pose (Eka Pada Rajakapotasana) is one of my favorite poses to open hips.
Pigeon Pose can also be helpful in finding relief from sciatic and back pain as well as releasing built up stress, trauma, fear, and anxiety.
Please make sure to practice this pose with correct form. If more information and instruction is needed for this pose, please Email me at Bootogalifestyle@gmail.com.
Have a beautiful stretch! Happy Hips to you!
For more stretches, yoga sessions and more, go to: