Circuit Training At ERF!
By Siarra T. Mong
Circuit Training is one of many methods for achieving your fitness, and body composition goals at Extreme Results Fitness. If you are looking to get lean then Circuit Training is for you.
Typically, hardcore bodybuilders tend to limit circuit type workouts since if used incorrectly it is simply not the best tool for their goals, and or needs. Also, the heavy focus on cardiovascular exertion is not well matched for their typical routine to achieve the desired results. This style of working out will lean you out, rather than bulk you up.
Basically circuit training is done by performing one exercise after another (in a circuit, obviously). For example you might perform a set of squats followed by a set of upright rows followed by curls, etc. Often people only consider weight lifting type exercises as part of circuit training, but other anaerobic/aerobic work can be included.Exercises are often performed with little or no rest between them; however this should vary on the type of circuit you are completing.
There are many reasons to use circuit training including:
- Time – circuits shorten gym sessions, and are time efficient.
- Lean up – training with circuits in a particular way has been shown to get folks ripped.
- Improves conditioning, and muscular endurance.
- Works whole body – contrary to popular belief there is nothing wrong in doing full body sessions 2-4 times per week.
- Circuit training can be done outside Extreme Results Fitness, and without equipment if you’re unable to be in the gym.