RECIPE OF THE WEEK
BY LORI SHEMEK PH.D.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Avocado, pitted, and halved
- 2 Slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives, or to taste
- 1 Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt, and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place each avocado half in a ramekin.
- Crack 1 egg into each avocado half; season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until entire egg is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle each avocado with bacon, and chives.