1. DO WHAT YOU CAN: If you are just starting out with weight loss, you may feel like you are faced with too big of a task. You can do it! Just get started with whatever you can do, and eventually you will reach the point where you see dramatic results!
2. USE ADVANCED TECHNIQUES: If you feel like you are ready to see faster results, do high intensity interval training. They are far superior to steady state cardio for those who are ready to push themselves.
3. EAT FOR YOUR GOAL: If you are trying to lose weight, you should be eating just enough to get you through your workouts, and nothing more. The point is for you to burn the calories that you body has stored as fat, so over eating, especially unhealthy foods, will stop your progress.
4. SET A REALISTIC GOAL: If you have a lot of weight to lose, don’t feel like you need to look like a fitness model overnight. Set a realistic goal for yourself. Once you reach that goal, set a new one that is closer to your ultimate goal.
5. ADD STRENGTH TRAINING: Building some muscle is one of the most important factors in weight loss. It will improve your performance in the gym, allowing you to work harder and achieve more. Also, more muscle means more calories burned at rest!