Health on the 4th of July!
Independence day, Fireworks, Family BBQ’s, hot dogs, chips, alcohol and fun in the sun! How much better can it get?
Here’s a FEW tips to survive the 4th of July splurge!
- Plan time for exercise. Exercise helps relieve the 4th of July eating stress and prevent weight gain. A moderate and daily increase in exercise can help partially offset increased holiday eating. Try 10 or 15-minute brisk walks twice a day.
- Don’t skip meals. Before leaving for a party, eat a light snack like raw vegetables or a piece of fruit to curb your appetite. You will be less tempted to over-indulge.
- Survey party buffets before filling your plate. Choose your favorite foods and skip your least favorite. Include vegetables and fruits to keep your plate balanced.
- Eat until you are satisfied, not stuffed. Savor your favorite holiday treats while eating small portions. Sit down, get comfortable, and enjoy.
- Be careful with beverages. Alcohol can lessen inhibitions and induce overeating; non-alcoholic beverages can be full of calories and sugar.
- If you overeat at one meal go light on the next. It takes 500 calories per day (or 3,500 calories per week) above your normal/maintenance consumption to gain one pound. It is impossible to gain weight from one piece of pie!
- Bring your own healthy dish to a holiday gathering.
- Take the focus off of FOOD and enjoy the company of your friends and family!
BE SAFE and have a beautiful 4th of July celebration!
STAY CONNECTED! Join http://www.JeanetteOrtega.com